Contact Email Address
Please ensure you provide us with an email address that you check regularly. SCPS will not be responsible for failure to receive course-related messages because they were redirected to spam or junk mail folders.
Important Health & Safety Information
Please take time to read the following information before attending your course:
- Please leave all valuable items at home as SCPS cannot be responsible for any losses. Bags should be placed in the lockers next to reception.
- No food or drink is to be taken into the simulation areas.
- Standard precautions and normal workplace safety practices apply at SCPS. Appropriate closed-toe footwear must be worn. Personal protective equipment (PPE), where required, will be supplied and must be worn.
- Scrubs may be required and will be provided.
Eligibility to Attend
SCPS courses are open to health professionals only. Some courses have specific entry criteria. Please contact us if you are unsure about your eligibility.
Registration Closing Dates
- Registrations typically close six weeks before a course.
- The programme, directions to SCPS, and pre-course materials will be emailed to you at least one month before your course.
Confirmation of Place on Course
- Placement on a course is not guaranteed until full payment is received. You will receive an email confirming your place.
- If your employer is paying for the course, please follow the relevant process under Payment Options (below). Full payment is still required to secure your place.
Payment of Course Fees
- Payment must be made on or before the date specified on the invoice.
- Late registration: immediate payment is required if registering within six weeks of a course.
- SCPS reserves the right to cancel unpaid registrations after the expiry of payment deadlines without first informing the registrant.
- All course fees are quoted in New Zealand dollars and include GST. Prices are subject to change without notice.
- Payments can only be made online (see below). We do not have an EFTPOS machine at SCPS and cannot process payments on-site or by phone. Please contact us if you require assistance with the online payment system.
Registrants can pay online via the following options:
We accept Visa, Mastercard or Account2Account (direct credit) only (1). A convenience fee applies for credit/debit card payments (2).
Applicable only for eligible registrants from selected organisations and hospitals already set up as customers in the University of Auckland’s financial system. An authorised purchase order must be provided, and the invoice paid before registration confirmation. Please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] if you require further information.
*(1) American Express (AMEX) was discontinued as a payment option on 31 August 2020.
(2) An additional 1.9% is applied to credit card or debit card payments. This normally appears as another transaction entry to your bank statement right after you make a payment. To find out more, please see the University’s Card Payment Convenience Fee webpage [https://www.auckland.ac.nz/en/study/fees-and-money-matters/convenience-fee.html](https://www.auckland.ac.nz/en/study/fees-and-money-matters/convenience-fee.html)*.
- All fees paid will be refunded for cancellations advised in writing 42 days before a course.
- For cancellations advised in writing 30-41 days before a course, 50% of the fee paid will be refunded.
- No refund will apply if a registrant cancels 29 days or less before a course, or where a registrant fails to attend without advising us in writing.
- Cancellations due to personal illness will be fully refunded if a medical certificate is provided; otherwise, 15% of the course fee will be deducted from the refund amount. Rebooking on another date is possible; however, the Transfer and Substitution Policy will apply (see below).
- Partial refunds may be granted for exceptional circumstances at the discretion of SCPS upon receipt of a written application.
- International travel restrictions imposed by state or national governments will not usually be considered exceptional circumstances for refund purposes.
- If SCPS cancels a course, you will be advised at the earliest possible opportunity. Options include a full refund of the course fee or a transfer to another date at no additional cost.
- SCPS reserves the right to cancel planned courses and symposia at short notice. Claims for non-refundable travel, accommodation, or other related expenses incurred by the registrant will not be accepted.
Transfer and Substitution Policy
- If you cannot attend a course, a substitute or transfer to another date is welcome. The substitute’s registration and payment will result in a full refund of your course fee, less any administration charge that may be payable (see below). You can also transfer your payment to another course and pay/be refunded any difference in fees.
- Written notice of a substitution or transfer must be provided at least 30 days before the course.
- If the transfer takes place less than 30 days before the course, a 15% administration fee, up to $150.00, will apply.
- A maximum of two course transfers are permitted per booking. If a registrant cannot attend a course after being transferred twice, the booking will be cancelled, and no refund will apply.
The University of Auckland’s undertaking is limited to those described in the course materials relating to the advertised course and any other terms implied by law. While tutors may offer to provide additional assistance to a participant from time to time, this does not constitute any undertaking by the University of Auckland or a binding legal obligation upon it. The agreement between the University of Auckland and the course registrant is limited to the supply of the course as described in the course material.
By registering and proceeding with payment for this course, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to the terms and conditions stated in this document.
Accessibility | Copyright | Privacy | Disclaimer