Email Contact Address
Ensure you provide SCPS with an email address which you check regularly. SCPS will not be responsible for failure to receive messages because they were redirected to spam or junk folders.
Important Health & Safety Information for SCPS Course Participants
Please take some time to read the following information prior to attending a course.
- Please leave valuable items at home as SCPS will not be responsible for any losses. Bags should be placed in the lockers next to SCPS reception.
- No food or drink is to be taken into any simulation area.
- Standard precautions and OSH regulations apply. Appropriate closed-toe footwear must be worn. Protective attire (gowns, aprons, gloves, eye protection) is supplied for certain activities and must be worn.
- Scrubs may be required and will be provided.
SCPS courses are open to health professionals who are eligible for the specific course. Please contact SCPS if you are unsure about your eligibility.
Registration Closing Dates
- Registrations normally close 6 weeks prior to course commencement.
- The programme, campus directions, and pre-course materials will be emailed to participants at least one month prior to the course date.
Confirmation of Course Place
- Placement on a course is not guaranteed until full payment is received. You will receive an email confirming your place.
- If your organisation or DHB is paying for the course, please follow the relevant process under Payment Options. Full payment is still required to secure your place.
Course Fee Payment Date
- Payment must be made on or before the date specified on the invoice.
- Late registration: if registering within 6 weeks of the course date, immediate payment is required.
- SCPS reserves the right to cancel unpaid registrations after the expiry of payment deadlines without first informing the registrant.
- All course fees are quoted in New Zealand dollars and inclusive of GST. Prices quoted are subject to change without notice.
- We accept Visa and Mastercard credit cards/debit cards/account to account only.
- Payments can only be made online (see below). We do not have an eftpos machine and unable to process payment on-site or by phone. Please contact SCPS if a registrant requires assistance to access the online payment system.
*Please Note: American Express (AMEX) was discontinued as a payment option on 31 August 2020 *
Registrants can pay online via the following options:
Credit card, debit card or account2account (direct debit). A convenience fee will apply for credit card/debit card payments only . The Account2Account option does not incur a convenience fee.
Applicable for eligible registrants from selected organisations/DHBs already set up as a customer in the University financial system. An authorised purchase order must be provided to SCPS: the invoice SCPS subsequently sends to you must be paid prior to registration confirmation. Please contact us at email@example.com for further enquiries.
Please Note: For payments by credit or debit card, a convenience fee of 1.9% is charged. This is added automatically when you make your payment. To find out more, visit the Card Payment Convenience Fee webpage [https://www.auckland.ac.nz/en/study/fees-and-money-matters/convenience-fee.html]. Alternatively, you can select to pay by 'account2account' and there is no convenience fee for these transactions.
- Cancellations advised in writing to SCPS in writing prior to 42 days of course commencement will be refunded in full.
- Cancellations advised in writing to SCPS 30-41 days prior to course commencement will be refunded 50%.
- A refund will not be granted if a registrant cancels 29 days or less before the course date, nor to registrants who fail to attend the course without cancelling in writing.
- Cancellations due to personal illness will be fully refunded if a medical certificate is provided, otherwise an administration fee of 15% of the course fee will apply.
- Partial refunds may be granted for exceptional circumstances at the discretion of SCPS and upon written application.
- International travel restrictions imposed by state or national government will not usually be considered exceptional circumstances for refund purposes.
- If a course is cancelled by SCPS you will be advised at the earliest possible opportunity. Options include full refund of course fee or transfer to another course.
- SCPS reserves the right to cancel planned courses and symposia, even at short notice. This precludes any other claims.
Transfer and Substitution Policy
- If you cannot attend a course, a substitute participant is welcome. Registration and full payment by the substitute will trigger refund of your course fee or transfer of your payment to another suitable SCPS course.
- Written notice of substitution or transfer must be provided at least 30 days prior to course commencement.
- If substitution takes place fewer than 30 days before the course, a 15% administration fee will apply.
The University of Auckland’s undertakings are limited to those set out in the course materials relating to the advertised course, together with any other terms implied by law. While from time to time tutors may offer to provide additional assistance to a student, this does not constitute any undertaking by the University of Auckland or binding legal obligation upon it. The agreement between the University of Auckland and the course registrant is limited to the supply of the course as described in the course material.
By registering and proceeding with payment for this course, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to the terms and conditions stated in this page.
Accessibility | Copyright | Privacy | Disclaimer